Instruction Semester Rates
To determine semester rates,
- add tuition
- add applicable tuition differential
- add per credit hour fees and assessments
- add non per credit hour fees
1. Undergraduate Tuition Summer 2022
2. Undergraduate Tuition Differentials
(applies to degree & non-degree in major; undergraduate non-degree undeclared is excluded; visiting Summer Session Only students are excluded)
|Architecture, Design, & the Arts (excluding degree-seeking Undeclared majors, Art History & Integrated DEsign and Arts-IDEAS)||$110||$990|
|Health Information Management||$98||$882|
|Psychology, Physics, Biological Sciences, Neuroscience and Pre-Neuroscience, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Integrated Health Studies, Pre-Health/Pre-Science, & Earth and Environmental Science majors entered Fall 2020 through Summer 2022. (Note: for Computer Science & Linguistics -LAS major and Pre-Computer Science & Linguistics -LAS major see Engineering section above.)||$73||$657|
3. Undergraduate per credit hour Fees
|Health Service Fee||$11||$99|
Assessments per credit hour
|Library and Information Technology Assessment||$19||$171|
4. Non per Credit Hour fees
|Health Insurance Fee. With proof of insurance, this fee can be waived.||$461||$461|
- Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice any time prior to the first day of instruction
- See the Registrar web site for online tuition rate information. Go to http://registrar.uic.edu and select
- In fall and spring, the Student-To-Student Assistance Program Fee and the Sustainability Fee are assessed.
Neither are assessed in summer.
- Undergraduate degree seeking students entering the University in Summer 2004 or after are provided a four year
tuition guarantee. The purpose of the undergraduate guaranteed tuition plan is to provide a high degree of
certainty about tuition costs for students and families. The plan applies to all undergraduate students enrolled
in a baccalaureate degree program on one of the three campuses of the University of Illinois. The plan treats
every student as part of a cohort defined by the date of entry to the University. Each cohort is guaranteed an
unchanged tuition schedule for four years. Please note that fees are subject to change annually. For details on
guaranteed undergraduate tuition see http://www.usp.uillinois.edu/guaranteed_tuition/index.cfm. Senate Bill 3222
allows students whose 4 years have expired to remain in the next most recently admitted cohort for 2 years.
After the four year guarantee, students move to the next most favorable cohort rate in year 5, stay there for
year 6. See http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ and search for SB 3222.
- Tuition differentials are applied to non-degree students in major specific non-degree program codes.
- In order to generate resources to improve the learning environment, a Library and Information Technology
Assessment is assessed to all students.
- Zero credit-only courses are assessed at the one-hour resident rate for undergraduates in summer.
- International Student Fee. $130 in fall and spring; $65 summer. The University has an international student fee
for all international students attending UIC. The fee will allow the Office of International Services to
continue to provide essential services, upgrade technologies used for student advising, increase programming
options, and host cultural events to increase and expand upon the "UIC Experience."
- Students who officially withdraw from the University by the first Wednesday of classes in the 4-week Summer Session 1 and the first Sunday of the 8 week Summer Session 2 will receive a full refund of tuition and fees. See https://registrar.uic.edu/financial-matters/refund-schedule/ for full the refund schedule.
- Assessed tuition, the service, and general fees are refunded on a pro-rata basis less $50 in a Campus Care Sudent Health Insurance Withdrawal Fee.
- The Health Service and Health Insurance Fees are nonrefundable after the online drop and add period for a part of term.